Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime
Theatrau Sir Gâr / Carmarthenshire Theatres is thrilled to announce the stellar cast for this year's much-anticipated pantomime production of Jack and the Beanstalk.
After a hiatus of 4 years due to the pandemic, the Lyric is delighted to be once again staging a Christmas pantomime. And for the very first time, the panto is being produced in-house by the Theatrau Sir Gâr team, in arrangement with the renowned pantomime producing company, Imagine Theatre.
The Lyric Theatre has delighted audiences with its high-quality pantomime offerings for many Christmases, and this year promises to be no different. The enchanting tale of Jack and the Beanstalk will be brought to life by a talented ensemble that will put on a captivating show for audiences of all ages.
Meet the Cast:
- Phillip Arran as Dame Trott: Phillip Arran is set to steal the show with his quick wit and comedic flair as Dame Trott, the hilarious matriarch of the Trott family. Phillip, who originally hails from Swansea, is a seasoned musical theatre actor having performed in the West End and touring productions in the US and Australia. He’s currently appearing in the 2023 / 2024 UK tour of Sister Act. As well as a CV that’s bursting with impressive theatre, TV and film credits, Phillip has also gained much success under another name – his alter-ego CC Swan. As CC Swan, Phillip has performed globally in cabaret clubs, theatres and cruise ships.
- Owain Williams as Lazy Larry. Owain is absolutely delighted to be back in his hometown, and to be returning to the Lyric Theatre where he saw his first ever pantomime back in 1990! It’s also where he took his first theatrical steps under the direction of Elizabeth Evans and the Carmarthen & District Youth Opera. Owain went on to train in musical theatre at the Royal Academy of Music in London and has numerous stage credits to his name including The Phantom of the Opera (His Majesty’s Theatre / Royal Albert Hall), Les Misérables (25th Anniversary Tour / O2 Arena),Merrily We Roll Along(Theatr Clwyd) to name a few. Television credits include writing for and performing in Chwarter Call and Mabinogi-Ogi!, and playing King Arthur in S4C’s 2021 Christmas film Gwenhwyfar. Owain is also in-demand as a presenter fronting many popular shows on S4C including Tag, Heno, Pawb a’i Farn, Noson Lawen, Sioe Fach Fawr and Dim Byd i’w Wisgo.
- Gareth Elis as Jack: Gareth will be familiar face to many young S4C viewers as a regular presenter of S4C’s Saturday morning show Stwnsh . Gareth is also a talented actor and has a number TV and stage acting credits to his name having appeared in In My Skin (BBC Three/BBC Cymru), Mabinogi-Ogi (S4C), The Light / Y Golau (Channel 4/S4C). On the stage, Gareth has appeared in productions for Wales Millennium Centre, Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru, Cameron Mackintosh and Arad Goch amongst others. Come and see Gareth take on the role of Jack this Christmas, the brave young hero on a quest to defy the odds and reach the giant's castle in the clouds.
Chantelle Morgan as Jill: Chantelle is absolutely over the moon to be
returning home to her roots this Christmas to take on the role of Jill in
the magical story of Jack and The Beanstalk.
She trained and graduated in Musical Theatre from The Urdang and Emil Dale Academy and has been very fortunate to share the stage with some very well-known artists, including Welsh Star Luke Evans on BBC's Luke Evans Show Time last Christmas . Other credits include Cinderella, Maid Marion in Robin Hood , Kylar in Bring it on The Musical, Sister Mary Roberts in Sister Act , and performing at the opening of Soho House alongside Gareth Malone.
Chantelle is so thrilled to be back in panto-land playing the role of Jill, Jack's spirited love interest and partner in adventure.
- Sion Tudor Owen as Fleshcreep: Sion Tudor Owen will bring the menacing villain of the show, Fleshcreep, to life, providing much upset for our heroes along the way! Sion has numerous TV and stage credits to his name having appeared in popular shows on our TV screens including Coronation Street, Emmerdale, A Touch of Frost and Midsummer Murders , amongst others. Theatre credits include The Birds and the Bees (Ipswich New Wolsey/UK Tour), White Christmas (West End/Curve Leicester) We're Still Here(The National Theatre Of Wales/Common Wealth), The Rise And Fall Of Little Voice (Stephen Joseph Theatre Company), West Side Story (ATG) to name just a few. He also appeared in the iconic Welsh film Twin Town and recently produced and starred in his own film Home, which won 22 awards and nominations. His second film, Promise, is due for release in 2024.
- Megan-Hollie Robertson will be bringing plenty of sparkle to the role of Fairy Flutterby. The Wrexham-based actress has appeared in Waterloo Road and many musical productions including the UK tour of Annie and South Pacific. Other theatre credits include; Alice in Dick Whittington (Theatre Chipping Norton); Agnes/1st Cover Louise in Gypsy (Buxton Opera House); Princess Poppy in Aladdin (Cambridge Arts); The Girl/Dreamer in Greenwood Dreams-The Silver Arrow (Claybody Theatre); Nikko/Dance Captain in Wizard of Oz, Fredrika in A Little Night Music and Betty in The Crucible (Storyhouse); Fairy Virtue/Pricilla in Mother Goose (TAG); Louise in Gypsy and Peggy Sawyer in 42nd Street (Paul Kerryson.
As well as an impressive cast on the stage, the Lyric’s panto is supported by a talented team of creatives led by director, Pip Minnithorpe whose directing credits includes tours with the Royal Shakespeare Company and high profile shows such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at London’s Palace Theatre in the West End.
Tickets are already in high demand, so be sure to book early to secure your seats and create special memories with family and friends this Christmas. Tickets start from just £13.50 and there are discounted rates for groups and school bookings. If you’re organising a group or school trip to panto, contact the box office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily assist you with your booking.
Jack and the Beanstalk will be at the Lyric Theatre, Carmarthen between December 14th until 28th. For ticket information and booking, please visit www.theatrausirgar.co.uk or contact the Box Office on 0345 226 3510
Get ready for laughter, adventure, and the magic of panto!
For press inquiries or interviews with the cast and production team, please contact:
Kate Boucher, email@example.com